USAV Safe Sport Training
To register for SafeSport training:
The U.S. Center for SafeSport new course modules are now available. We are able to deliver the coursework through the USAV Academy. Accessing the course through the USAV Academy is critical to tracking certification and expiration dates. Please access the course exclusively through the USAV Academy (not the USOC SafeSport website). You must be a current member of USA Volleyball.
- 1. Go to www.pioneervb.com
- 2. Click on the Membership Tab and then Existing member
- 3. Log in to your USAV account
- 4. In the navigation menu, click on USAV Clinics and select USAV Coaching Clinics.
- If under 18 you must have parental permission. Click on "Details" to see the link for the Parental Permission form
- If you have never taken the course select: 2019-2020 Core Center for SafeSport Training.
- If your Safe Sport has expired you only need the "refresher course": 2019-2020 Center for SafeSport Refresher 1 Training.
- 6. Complete registration
- 7. To access coursework, click on the "Log into USAV Academy" button
Should you need to return to your coursework at a later time, log in to your USAV account and click on the "Log into USAV Academy" button.
For technical issues, while completing the course, please visit: http://help.usavolleyballacademy.org/.
Who takes the Safe Sport course-
Anyone officiating any USAV event MUST have taken the Safe Sport course, Regional leadership to include BOD members, coaches, officials, club directors, club staff, chaperones and applicable volunteers and independent contractors.
Ensuring Safety for All Participants USA Volleyball is committed to creating safe and fun environments for youth. This includes, but not limited to, providing training, educational materials and resources for our regions, clubs, coaches, parents and athletes.
Parent's Guide To Misconduct in Sport
The Parent's guide is designed for parents of athletes of all ages. It explains the issues of misconduct in sport and helps parents ensure their children have a positive SafeSport Experience. The free module can be viewed by registering through athletesafety.org.
To report Safe Sport violations:
SafeSport Parent Tool Kits
This information is helpful to anyone wanting to better understand the forms, signs and means of preventing abuse. To view the complete guide, covering all identified age groups, click on the "complete parent tool kit." To view a particular age group, click on the associated link.